Thursday, August 23, 2018

In Praise of Balsamic Vinegar

OK, how to use balsamic...

Well for breakfast, I make a porridge from steelcut oats, with fruit, with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

During the day, I snack on chopped, steamed kale, often with some cubed boiled sweet potato, and also with some balsamic vinegar.

My salad dressing is usually started with balsamic one way or another.

One of my favorite 'daily' balsamic vinegars is Colavita Organic Balsamic Vinegar and here locally, I can get it at the Key Foods on Unionport

Colavita Organic Balsamic, and Braggs oil-free salad dressing



The Balsamic was $6.39 for a 16.9 Fl. Oz. bottle, which seems reasonable to me.
They also had Braggs oil-free salad dressings, which seem worth trying. Those were $7.19 each, so that's only for Sundays and holidays ;-).

You can get really fancy with Balsamic. At the Plantstock conference last year we discovered BemasandPas,  and their infused balsamics are out of this world. This year, we were in Virginia Beach, and discovered Savor the Olive and I am still enjoying some of the vinegars we bought there. Their stuff was out of this world.

Here is a good site for balsamic vinegars in NYC: The 15 Best Places for Balsamic Vinegar in New York City

You want to visit these places after you win the lottery... top quality Balsamic vinegar can be expensive, like good wine. I sometimes find that I can double the pleasure by mixing it with a bottle of my regular Colavita Organic BV. I leave that up to everyone's personal taste. Some will think it is sacrilegious.

Whatever you do, enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment