Here is a YouTube interview:
I will recap some of the highlights of her presentation here:
- Within as little as three weeks, you will see an improvement in chronic inflammation.
- Cholesterol drops very quickly by as much as one third.
- Your intestinal microbiome changes completely, and will be much less prone to disease than that of a meat eater.
- You will instantly lower your cancer risk. Cured meats are rated by WHO to be a type 1 carcinogenic (similar to tobacco, asbestos), and muscle meat (Beef, Pork, Lamb) is a typpe 2A carcinogen. Even 3 servings of whole grains per day reduces cancer risk by 17%
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes. Even only 2 slices of cured meats per day increases diabetes risk by 37%. Prediabetics should be eating fruit.
- You will finally get the right amount and the right kinds of protein - plant-based. No need for protein supplementation. Western diets have us overconsume protein and the wrong kind - animal based, which promotes cancer growth, while plant-based protein inhibits cancer growth.
- You will be doing good for the planet.
Some worthwhile sources cited by Dr. McMacken.The most helpful one for beginners is perhaps this one:
it is a very helpful starter guide.