It is amazing to see how many of these testimonials there are, and the success stories are profound, with people who were on ten different medications getting off of all of them. It's one long litany of self-inflicted wounds and the medical profession as the enablers. Let's make a provisional list:
- Water, water, water, and almost all antacids are superfluous, remember Dr. Batmanghelidj, and his book Your Body's Many Cries for Water.
- Clearly the implications of Forks Over Knives, and Forks Over Knives Presents: The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue, are showing the way to many and clearly increasing my resolve.
- The Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead movies are unbelievably powerful, and again there is a whole list of support sites, such as www.rebootwithjoe.com and www.fatsickandnearlydead.com.
- The upshot is:
- The ED epidemic is merely the first warning sign of circulatory illness, but what do we do? We develop Viagra, instead of fixing the underlying health problem.
- The allergy epidemic is the another hoax: drinking more water is the answer, and possibly some supplements to support the immune system as you get older, for it is simply true that the production of GSH (Glutathione) goes down above age forty.
- Hypertension, high cholesterol and their attendant medications are all for 90% or more simply enabling people continuing an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Type 2 diabetes is another self-inflicted wound, but we continue to let the USDA be in charge of nutritional advice, in service of Food, Inc - Oh, and by the way, that was a great documentary also.