Thursday, January 11, 2018

More Plant-Based news from New York: Doug Schmidt

This is an amazing news study, a teacher from Rochester is promoting Plant-Based living.

Doug Schmidt also keeps a page on Facebook, as a sort of a support group.

He is following the pure Whole Foods, Plant-Based without added Sugar, Oil or Salt paradigm.

Unfortunately, the nutritionist ABC interviews at the end still does not know anything about plant-based nutrition. Still thinks that getting enough protein is a problem. The real problem is we're getting too much protein, and mostly animal protein. Again and again, all the serious research shows that animal proteins are the most powerful carcinogens we get in our diet. Together Animal protein, Oil, and Sugar (simple carbohydrates in general) are the worst elements in the Standard American Diet.



3 comments:

  1. It's true-not having to add ANY sugar, salt or oil at all is still a real mind-bender for me, especially when sauteing favorite veggies, as good oils are supposed to be so good for you. But, as I get older, mysterious changes in my body, e.g. suddenly finicky digestion, muscle aches, dry skin, and general malaise are making me take a much closer look at what-could-I-possibly-be-doing-wrong? I'm going to commit myself to this plant based diet for several months and record any physical changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now, bless your heart!
      A few months ago, I met on the street the wife of the owner of a local Mexican restaurant I used to frequent, before WFPB... although they still have one salad I can order with modifications...

      She had been hospitalized with pancreatitis. Subsequently, she had been put on some stupid low carb diet by a nutritionist who did not know any better... but she was feeling horrible. I loaned her my copy of Rip Esselstyn's 7-day rescue diet, and when I met her yesterday, four months later, she looked great, and she had just been to the doctor who said her bloodwork was perfect, and she'd losst 55 lbs. And the said nutritionist could not say anything else, but OK, keep doing what you are doing.

      So now, she is coming to my cooking class at the local church, this month and in February we're going to make some experimental mexican-style WFPB dishes... in an attempt to develop some pure WFPB items for the menu of the restaurant...

      in terms of getting started, I suggest you use something like the 21-day kick starter from PCRM.

      Delete
  2. buy kamagra polo online to treat erectile dysfunction-ED, take this drug by mouth as required by your doctor, usually as required. Take it at least 30 minutes, but no more than 4 hours, before sexual activity. Do not take more than once daily.

    ReplyDelete