Swiss Chard with Carrots
Note:This recipe brings out the flavor and the color of the chard like nobody's business.
For the garlic, use organic if you can get it.
- 1lb Swiss chard stems sliced small 1/2" leaves sliced in 1¨ strips
- 2 onions cut-up fine
- 3 chilis, sliced fine
- 1 jalapeno, sliced fine, seeded
- 1-large or three small carrots sliced thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 5 pieces of turmeric, or 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 - onions, chili's, jalapeno cut up fine (jalapeno seeded), 5 mins at 425F (med/high)
- 2 - add the garlic and turmeric, 5 mins at 425F adding a small amount of water (2-3 tablespoons) to keep it liquid
- 3 - add in the sliced carrot, and the cut-up Chard stems, a little more water
- 5 mins at 275F (medium/low)
- 4 - add in the leaves on top, 10 more mins at 275F