Besan (Chickpea flour) Scramble
- 1/3 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (or fresh turmeric if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 onions, garlic to taste,
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1-2 sliced jalapeño peppers - to taste
- 1-3 sliced thai chilis - to taste
- 1 cup spring mix greens
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 cup water with Yondu, or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Whisk all the chickpea scramble ingredients in a bowl and let it sit for 5 mins.
- In a pan over medium heat, caramelize the onions, and add the peppers (jalapeños, chilis, or whatever), sear the mushrooms with the scallions, using the cup of water with Yondu, until they moisture evaporates.
- Pour the Chickpea Scramble over the mushroom mixture. Stir to create the "scramble," add more water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Place your favorite cooked grains in a bowl, and layer your spring greens on top.
- Make a dressing for the lemon juice with the hot sauce and sprinkle it over the greens
- Pour out the Chickpea Scramble on top of this, and enjoy!