Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Natto Breakfast Updated

Some time ago I posted about my new favorite breakfast, Natto, with brown basmati, black rice, natto, scallions, chives, and a cut up jalapeño and serrano pepper. 

Afterwards the Australian Doctor Robyn Chuter, who is a fellow graduate of T.Colin Campbell's institute of Nutrition Studies, gave me the idea of adding in ground flaxseed, but that might be healthy it does not taste great. It easily dulls down the taste of the whole dish, in spite of the peppers. Until... Wasabi powder came to the rescue. The result is great. Gourmet stuff, and it sure as hell wakes you up in the morning. Robyn's Substack is worth following, by the way. 


So here goes, the winning edition of my healthy breakfast:

It starts harmless enough, 

  • 50/50 Brown Basmati rice and Black Rice
  • 1 jalapeño seeded and cut up fine
  • 1 serrano seeded and cut up fine
  • chives
  • 2-3 scallions









Adding the ground flax seeds  dulls down the taste. It drowns out even the peppers.
Here comes the Wasabi shaker.

And I am addint a liberal dusting of Wasabi.

The final stage is of course mixing it all and eating it.
I assure you it is glorious.
You will not be in any doubt if you are awake or not.
Recommended.

It only took me two months of experimenting since Robin suggested the ground flax seeds for me to come up with this refinement.





No comments:

Post a Comment