Sunday, August 11, 2024

Purslane, Verdolaga, miracle nutrition

 Right along with Dandelions, Purslane (Spanish Verdolaga), is one of those plants that is too often disregarded, if not seen as a weed, but it is a nutrition powerhouse.

Since I have been writing about recipes with purslane, I wanted to basically post a recent article that talks about puslane.

I asked one of the Bangladeshi merchants on my street about it, why he did not sell it in his store. The answer was oh, I grow that in my yard. In other words it was too easy to sell it in the store.

Anyway here is a posting on a site called WorldCrops. It contains an album of pictures of Purslane. They have adopted the Spanish name of Verdolaga.


I find it at a Mexican store in my area.



And here is yet another article:

https://www.newsbreak.com/share/3550869690554-purslane-the-underestimated-superfood-with-maximum-health-benefits








No comments:

Post a Comment