Monday, January 16, 2017

Vegan/Vegetarian options at Taqueria Tlaxcalli

Recently, we went to Taqueria Tlaxcalli for my birthday, and to my delight, I found that the place is eminently survivable for the vegan/vegetarian palate, more so than I was aware. In the past, I had stuck to the cactus salad and maybe some rice and beans. This time we found more options, not to mention one that was particularly gorgeous and delicious. A true culinary piece of art.

Vegetable Burrito at Taqueria Tlaxcalli


In particular, the vegetable burrito was delightful, and, for an appetizer, I had the cactus salad - sin queso, of course. My girlfriend had herself a delicious black bean soup for an appetiser.
Naturally, if I'd have my 'drathers, the rice would be brown rice, and I'd like to double check the soup stock on the bean soup for I would suspect it's not all that vegetarian.
The bottom line is the options are growing compared to what I was used to in the past. Plus, I also know more about nutrition today than I ever did before, so menus are getting easier to navigate. The simple fact is there are more and more people going vegan, all around us, and you see it reflected in supermarkets and increasingly in restaurants. Nice to see one of my favorite places catching on.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative. I must try the veggie burrito at Taqueria. Thanks for sharing. By the way, I am thinking about converting to vegan 100% instead of 50%. Do you have any idea where a beginner can get good vegan recipes. Thanks....

    ReplyDelete