We just had our monthly dinner with Fr. David. at Neerob Restaurant. Always on the 4th Tuesday at 9PM, after his Bible Class.
Here are some of the pics:
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 1-2 onions cut-up fine
- several garlic cloves
- some peppers (any color), cut up in small chunks
- some fresh tomatoes, or, in my case used a 13.8 Oz package of Pomi Crushed Tomatoes.
- Italian spices
- a carrot shredded
- some black olives sliced.
- 1 cup of water with Yondu or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- roast the onions dry for 5 mins,
- begin adding in the water with yondu, the peppers, shredded carrot and garlic and stir fry for another 5 mins until the onions are caramelized.
- add in the tomatoes and the italian herbs, Let simmer for 15 mins.
- Cut up the eggplant in 1/2" slices
- Put them on a silicone sheet on a backing tray, cover with the tomato sauce
- Oven 350F, 25 mins.
if you want to make it "cheesy" you can make some vegan "parmesan"
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
in the blender for a minute or two.